Hey Y’all! It feels like only yesterday that 2021 started and here we are on the precipice of a brand new year… Holy moly, where did the time go?! This year was both too long and too short (that makes sense to me). I’m also both excited and nervous about this new year but we gon’ keep it positive and believe that it will bring us all amazing things!
Since Resolutions are made to be broken, I’m going to set bookish intents and post them here for both transparency and accountability sake! So here we go!
1) Remain Transparent & Authentic. This one is first because this is super important to me. I want to be as open as I possibly can be with you all…it won’t be therapy level transparency but I’ll be honest with you all about where I am mentally/emotionally and how it could impact the type of post you would be getting for the week. I’ll still keep the vibes positive but I won’t even attempt to fake it because that wouldn’t be giving you my authentic self.
2) Remain Consistent In Posting. This past year, I’ve been really proud of myself for maintaining this intent from last year to post once a week no matter what is going on. This is an intent I fully intend to keep up into the new year! Sometimes I was a day late (I don’t think a dollar short doe) and I just had to be gentle with myself when I was because I still hit the one post for the week goal. I fully appreciate all of you for joining me on this bookish ride! It’ll continue to be a mix of lists, reviews/reactions and narratives because variety is the spice of life my friends! And don’t worry, they will have gifs because what is a BookishGirlMagic post without the gifs?!
3) To Share More Of What I Read. I’m not quite sure how this one will take form…if it would be a monthly wrap up or more reviews/reactions but I would love to bring you all further onto the ride that is my reading journey. At the time of this post, I’ve read 170 books and am working on my 171st (I also have one that I’m slowly working through but likely won’t finish before December 31st). Reading has truly been my escape and it’s nice to connect with others through mutual reads!
4) To Engage More On Social Media. This one will be really tough for me but I’m going to work as much as my brain will allow me to on this. This would be an exercise in getting out of my comfort zone and overcoming my anxiety when it hits me! I will also be patient with myself when I don’t post on IG or get on live (balance must be found).
5) To Do More Author Interviews. This is something I’ve done only once before with Rin Chupeco for the blog so I would like to do more of those in the new year, especially when a book is a sequel so I can gush but not spoil (we all know there is a difference and we also know that spoiling is not my ministry). I’ll definitely be hitting up the authors that I don’t feel too afraid to approach about this!
Are there any other bookish intents you believe I should set for 2022? Are there any intents you have set for yourself for the new year? Feel free to share them in the comments or on social media! You can find & follow me on Instagram @bookishgirlmagic, Twitter @bookishgrlmagic and Clubhouse @bookishgrlmagic where you can find me mostly in book centered clubs/rooms (primarily on Tuesdays and Fridays, no fridays this week & next week though). Also subscribe to this blog if you haven’t already because it makes me feel like I’ve accomplished all my goals! Sending y’all bookish love and wishing you happy reading! Peaceeeeeee!