Hey Y’all! So it’s been an odd week for me (two really) and I can’t quite put my finger on what it is. Have you had times like these? If you have, we understand each other and are in the struggle together. If you haven’t, well, you are very lucky and I would love to know your secret!
Since it’s been a weird week for me, filled with work, deep napping, reading, emailing instagram (yea, I’m still dealing with that), a very off sleep schedule and more reading; I hadn’t felt inspired for a post for a list or singular book (and I try not to write about books with low energy). Being that I’m feeling this way, I figured I would do an accountability check of sorts since I did a post prior to the new year of bookish intents for 2022 and we are a little more than half way through the year (which is WILD to me). So, let’s see where I’m at with these intents, shall we?
1) Remain Transparent & Authentic.-I think I’ve been doing a good job keeping up with this…I believe it’s really part of my brand/who I am as a person to be transparent when the time calls for it and authentic at all times. Am I outchea tellin’ all my bidness? Heck No. Am I telling my truth & keeping it real? Yup! I don’t plan on changing this about me.
2) Remain Consistent In Posting.-Last week almost ruined this but I’ve been doing my due diligence in posting here once a week even before this year started. I’ll be honest & say that it’s not always easy for me but I made a commitment to this blog and I intend to keep it. I do want to get back to my regular Wednesday posting but I’m giving myself grace at this point in time if I don’t.
3) To Share More Of What I Read.-I think I’ve been doing a pretty good job in doing this by posting lists but I could certainly do even better! Hopefully, you all have been enjoying the lists I’ve been posting though! If there is more that you want to know about what I’m reading, let me know in the comments!
4) To Engage More On Social Media.-I’m not gon’ lie, I’ve not been doing so great with this outside of commenting on other people’s posts & liking them…I’ve done lives and what not but I could do much better with this… It feels sometimes like social media is another job that I didn’t realize it would be.
5) To Do More Author Interviews.-This is one I wish I was doing more of and did with J.Elle earlier in the year and Sonja Thomas on IG Live but that has been it at this point. I do hope to change this but I will also give myself grace on that as well. I want to try to work on this once I get my bookishgirlmagic account access back!
I do hope to continue to hold fast to these intents and work on making them happen in order to keep to & honor the mission of this blog! I appreciate you all being apart of this journey, cause that’s truly what this is because even when my energy is weird, I still look forward to working on this blog in some way (not me getting a little sappy)!
Anyways, let me know how I’m doing with these intents from your perspective in the comments or on social media! Is there more you would like to see from me? Weigh in with me on Instagram @crystalyogi22 (since my bookstagram got hacked, I’m STILL emailing Instagram every free moment I think to (and they must be sick of me) in order to regain access to it. You can safely follow @bookishgirlmagic, that’s me but am still having trouble getting these people to understand why I can’t log into it. *UGH* Please follow my OG account and if anyone has some helpful tips or knows someone who works for IG, please hit me up), Twitter @bookishgrlmagic and Clubhouse @bookishgrlmagic where you can find me mostly in book centered clubs/rooms (primarily on Tuesdays and Fridays). Also please subscribe to this blog if you haven’t already because it makes me feel like I’ve been keeping to my bookish intents this year! As usual, I’m sending you tons of bookish love and wish you happy reading!