Hello, Hello, Hello! Before I start up this post, I recently saw that this blog has reached 500 subscribers and the gasp that emerged from my Soul was such a loud one that you likely heard it from where ever you are in the world (never underestimate my ability to project, lol)! I’m so incredibly thankful to each and every person that has chosen to subscribe and I hope that I can continue to Give what you are looking for. I am at a loss for further words but this milestone means SOOOOOOOOOOO very much to me and I wanted to let you know! So thank you, thank you, thaaaaaaank you for being here!
Just a heads up that this post is week is going to be short. It is has been a little tough but I didn’t want to leave you all hanging nor abandon the intent that I set for this year (Posting once a week & sharing more of what I read, if you wanted the sparknotes, lol). I do want you all to go out and read all of the books your heart desires so a short post will help you all to do so (This makes sense to me, lol)!
So I have been thinking about some of the middle grades that I’ve read in the last few months and have been loving the adventures they’ve taken me on along with the laughs that I had along the way. A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about middle grades that I enjoyed and I’m continuously reading them so I wanted to share some more, especially with summer upon us and I’m sure books with some excitement would be appreciated for those who actually do the reading challenges (does Pizza Hut still do those? Did I just show my age if they don’t? Somebodies library somewhere has to be doing them, right?!)!
Anyway, here is a short list and most of them are the start of a new series (which may either deeply excite you or frustrate you, depending on how you choose to look at it, lol):
- Winnie Zeng Unleashes A Legend by Katie Zhao: I laughed a ton and really enjoyed the approach to Chinese mythology!
- The Marvellers By Dhonielle Clayton: This was the magical school of my dreams and I lived for the world that was built!
- Freddie Vs. The Family Curse by Tracy Badua: Freddie was ridiculously funny and super relatable in all he went through!
- Zachery Ying And The Dragon Emperor by Xiran Jay Zhao: I loved Zach so much & the Chinese history lessons this book gave!
- Wildseed Witch by Marti Dumas: I related so much to Hassani, both in Spirit & Life and I think so many would as well!
- Theo Tan And The Fox Spirit by Jesse Q. Sutanto: Theo & Kai are the comedic duo I never knew I needed & I cackled A LOT!
- The Last Fallen Moon, Sequel to The Last Fallen Star by Graci Kim: I just started reading but so far, it is giving me what I was hoping for! It comes out on 6/14/22 so you don’t have long to wait!
I know that wasn’t a wholeeeeeeee lot to go on but trust me…as a self-proclaimed connoisseur of Middle Grade Books, I promise that all these books will deliver on the laughs & adventures along with hijinxs with friends (I really do love a good group of friends). They’re all such great representations of the caliber of MGs that are coming out now and would love to see them in the hands of more people (kids & adults alike, really). I have some more middle grades that I’ll be reading soon so I will eventually report on them because I can’t NOT talk about MG as it holds a big part of my heart just as YA does!
Are there any MGs that you have read that you really enjoyed? Have you read any that are on the list and would you co-sign? Let me know in the comments or on social media on Instagram @bookishgirlmagic, Twitter @bookishgrlmagic and Clubhouse @bookishgrlmagic where you can find me mostly in book centered clubs/rooms (primarily on Tuesdays and Fridays). Also please subscribe to this blog if you haven’t already because it makes me feel like I’ve read a middle grade that had me laughing while on an adventure! Yet again, thank you so much for being here and hope you continue to be! As usual, I’m sending you tons of bookish love and wishing you happy reading!