Hey There! So I can’t believe that we are half way through December and super close to 2023…It feels wild to me whenever I think about that! I can’t possibly be the only one who feels this way?!
Anyways, as we get close to this new year, I’ve been thinking what my bookish intent for the upcoming year would be. I did this last year (around this time actually) and honestly, most of the intents are the same (they were VERY good intents, in my opinion). I do want to add to the previous list though.
- Attend More Bookish Events AND share them here. I won’t lie and say that it hasn’t been tough for me with my anxiety around crowds/people to attend in person stuff, it has been. I’ve had to really push myself but the few in person book events I’ve gone to have felt like returning home in a sense. It may not be a ton of events (it wasn’t this past year) but I should share them with you all, even if it’s just pictures and a paragraph…this is an adventure we’ve decided to be on together (me, writing this blog and you, reading it) and I have to respect that bond *insert Kool-aid smile here*.
2) Go back to doing more Instagram lives. I used to do them a ton but I won’t lie, depression has been kicking me in the ass and the want to be in front of a camera & engage has not been there. Even though I have a stack of books to share and always love talking books, in general, my brain just hasn’t been seeing it for the rest of me! I do really need to get back to that because I enjoyed singing “the bookmail song”, even when certain friends pressure me to put more energy into it (LOL, shout out to them)! I would also love to share those links here afterward.
3) To stay on top of posting/remain consistent. This year, I slipped a little and didn’t post 2 weeks (and there was one posted next day into the new week) and I didn’t like that feeling. I actually really love writing this blog, though my energy isn’t always at a 100%. It’s been especially rough with how draining my work has felt at times which hinders my ability to give what I want to. I have been escaping into books and y’all wouldn’t know how much reading I’ve been doing because I haven’t shared EVERY book I’ve read (but you’ll see in my reading wrap up for the year in January). I want to do better with that as well.
4) To find a good book-blog-life balance. This is a bit tough for me and I’m working on that. Like I said previously, I’ve been escaping into books and it’s pretty much in the literal sense (adult romances with lots of spice have been my go-to & bonus if they are on audio, lol). If I’m not sleeping or working, I’m reading. So as much as I love reading, I do need to do better with the other aspects of my life, which include this blog!
All the other intents remain the same:
- Remain Transparent & Authentic (as always!)
- To Share More Of What I Read (I ended up doing this through lists and I honestly love that format, I think I will keep it, lol)
- To Engage More On Social Media. (this is still tough. I think after my IG got hacked, I lost some of that fervor I had for posting, not that it was so much before than but it was more)
- To Do More Author Interviews (and I really want to make this one possible because I enjoy talking books with authors but y’all don’t ever get to see those conversations since they are often times DMs…sometimes there are public tweets)
Are you setting bookish intents for the new year? Would you want to share them? If so, please do share them in the comments or the socials you can find me on which are: Instagram @bookishgirlmagic, Twitter @bookishgrlmagic (I’m not sure WHAT is going on that bird app these days) and Clubhouse @bookishgrlmagic where you can find me mostly in book centered clubs/rooms (primarily on Tuesdays and Fridays). Also please subscribe to this blog if you haven’t already because it makes me feel like I’m keeping up with my intents for the year! I also have to take a second to thank those of you who ARE subscribed because the blog recently reached 600 and I’m beyond grateful for those of you who have chosen to rock with me! *cues airhorns* Anyways… I’m sending you tons of bookish love & wish you happy reading and holidays!