Hey everyone! I know this title is cheesy but sometimes you just have to lean into things and we know that Valentine’s Day is coming up! I had initially planned this post for next week but since I low-key destabilized my wrist while shoveling & breaking ice (thanks Mother Nature for that Nor’easter), I had to go with a post that wouldn’t require as much typing which would mean lists! I know that I’m good with lists so I don’t believe I would be disappointing you all with one (please forgive me if you were hoping for more).
I wanted to offer you all a few Young Adult and Adult Romances/Rom-Coms that will have you seeing & feeling all the hearts and what not! I also believe that I haven’t listed most if not all of these books in other posts (outside of what I’ve read) so they shouldn’t be repeats from me (and also, some of these are recently released & one is not out yet). Some I will talk about and others, I will just list! So here we go!
- Young Adult
- One True Loves by Elise Bryant: I love this book because Lenore felt like me when it came to romance, both as a teen and an adult! This is a companion novel but definitely stood on it’s own! I would highly recommend it!
- The Kindred by Alechia Dow: Y’all know I love a dual POV and this one didn’t disappoint at all! It served me romance, witty banter and adventure (it definitely falls under contemporary fantasy since it’s in space but the romance is so hard to ignore)! I just loved this book so very very much! You should definitely read it!
- Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender
- Made In Korea by Sarah Suk
- The Stars And The Blackness Between Them by Junauda Petrus
- A Pho Love Story by Loan Le
- You Should See Me In A Crown by Leah Johnson
- I Wanna Be Where You Are by Kristina Forest
- The Unexpected Fall by Anna Salcedo: I absolutely f**king LOVE THIS BOOK! Not only is it spicy but it has so much humor and Anna gave me my new book boyfriend…I’m here for any and everything Will Kobayashi! If you love steam, witty banter and a work place romance, this is definitely the book for you!
- Getting His Game Back by Gia De Cadenet: This was a book I definitely appreciated for the way it balanced the romance and mental health. It also gave a lot of steam and is dual POV! This is another romance worth giving a read!
- Asking For A Friend by Andi Osho
- Along For The Ride by Mimi Grace
- Amor Actually by Zoey Castile, Alexis Daria, Mia Sosa, Adriana Herrera, Diana Muñoz Stewart, Priscilla Oliveras & Sabrina Sol (this is an anthology of interconnected stories!)
- And The Lived Happily Ever After by Therese Beharrie
- D’Vaughn And Kris Plan A Wedding by Chencia C Higgins
- I’m So (Not) Over You by Kosoko Jackson (out on 2/22/22)
There are so many more romances that I wish I could’ve talked about but time & my wrist truly aren’t on my side! I apologize for that, though I hope you all have added a book or two to your TBR if you haven’t come across some of these!
Are there any romances/rom-coms by POC authors that I’ve missed? What are some of your favorites?! Please share them in the comments or on social media cause I’m always looking for new ones to add to my TBR for my Romance binges! You can find & follow me out on these e-streets on Instagram @bookishgirlmagic, Twitter @bookishgrlmagic and Clubhouse @bookishgrlmagic where you can find me mostly in book centered clubs/rooms (primarily on Tuesdays and Fridays). Also please subscribe to this blog if you haven’t already because it makes me feel like I got to read a really good (and steamy) romance/rom-com! As always, I’m sending y’all bookish love (even more so on Valentine’s day to fully lean into the cheese) and wishing you happy reading! Later Lovelies!